#54. Just So Stories

Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling

Pages: 96
Finished: Aug. 9, 2007
Reason for Reading: read-aloud to my 7yob
First Published: 1902
Rating: 4/5

First Sentence:

In the sea, once upon a time, O my Best Beloved, there was a Whale, and he ate fishes.



Recommend: Yes. I especially recommend these stories as read-alouds. The narration is written directly to the listener and the use of repetition make these stories ideal read-aloud material. There are 12 stories in the book and we've been reading one story every day. Many of the stories are fanciful tales of how an animal received one of it's special characteristics, such as How the Camel Got its Hump and these were our favourite ones. Ds just laughed and laughed through these and I enjoyed them just as much as he did. This was my first time reading this book though I have previously read Kiplings' Kim and The Jungle Books. Lots of fun!

Comments

Popular Posts