#59. Feed by M.T. Anderson

Feed by M.T. Anderson

Pages: 236
Finished: Aug. 16, 2007
Reason for Reading: Looked like something I would enjoy
First Published: 2002
Genre: YA science fiction, dystopia
Rating: 3/5

First Sentence:


We went to the moon to have fun, but the moon turned out to completely suck.


Recommend: so-so. I'm always intrigued by dystopian literature and the society in this novel is frighteningly possible. How easily today's online technology could turn into this society's implanted technology! However, while I found the society intriguing I wasn't terribly fond of the book. Right from the first page, I found the profanity annoying. I have a hard time reading books that swear at me, especially when it has no real value. I also didn't like any of the main characters, they felt very two-dimensional. This is also a depressing story and while I don't mind (I even often enjoy a good depressing book!), combined with unlikable characters it left me thinking ... ho-hum, whatever.

Comments

Popular Posts