August in Review

Lots of good reading this month! A total of 18 books read in August plus 4 DNFs (did not finish). It's been a long time since I had dnf's but I'm in the mood right now where I don't want to bother with books that don't grip me. My best book of the month was a hard choice between A Dirty Job and The Echo Maker, two completely different books, but after a bit of thought I chose the fun book over the emotional one.

I didn't have a really terrible read this month for the worst book since I gave up on the truly horrible ones. I wrote about the first 3 I quit reading in this post. I'm sorry to say that I had another book I gave up on and that was Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer. I hate to say it but I just got fed-up with it. The one main character I actually liked (Jacob) became just as annoying as the others and my mind just started wandering while I was reading. I was in a precarious situation with this series anyway; I loved the world Meyer created, the mythos behind her vampires and werewolves is really interesting but I just can't stand Bella. Maybe I'll come back to it at some point but for now there are better things I want to read.

Best book for August: A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore

Worst book for August: The Tarantula in My Purse and 172 Other Wild Pets by Jean Craighead George

66. I Know What You Did Last Summer by Lois Duncan
65. Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
64. Secret Seven Adventure by Enid Blyton (RA)
63. The Tarantula in My Purse and 172 Other Wild Pets by Jean Craighead George (RA)
62. Gossamer by Lois Lowry
61. A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore
60. King of the Middle March by Kevin Crossley-Holland
59. Feed by M.T. Anderson
58. The Complete Tales by Beatrix Potter (RA)
57. The Echo Maker by Richard Powers
56. Messenger by Lois Lowry
55. Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
54. Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling (RA)
53. The Giver by Lois Lowry
52. Monday Mourning by Kathy Reichs
51. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
50. The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
49. The Secret Seven by Enid Blyton (RA)

plus
4 - DNF

August Total: 18
Total Pages: 5133

July Total: 14
Total Pages: 4216

Comments

Popular Posts