First in a Series Challenge

Joy is hosting a new challenge called First in a Series Challenge and since I'm such a series addict I have to join this one. Rules are simple enough: read 12 books that are first in a series from Jan-Dec. 2008.

Here is my tentative list that I will pick from, but it is subject to change as Jan. is still quite a ways off and I may not be able to wait that long to start some of these.

George Felse series by Ellis Peters
#1 - Fallen into the Pit

Cadfael series by Ellis Peters
#1 - A Morbid Taste for Bones

Lincoln Rhyme series by Jeffrey Deaver
#1 - The Bone Collector

The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
#1 - Storm Front

Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter by Susan Wittig Albert
#1 - The Tale of Hill Top Farm

Black Jewels by Anne Bishop
#1 - Daughter of the Blood

Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken
#1 - The Wolves of Willoughby Chase

Fairacre series by Miss Read
#1 - Village School

Rogue Angel by Alex Archer
#1 - Destiny

Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell
#1 - Postmortem

Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris
#1 - Dead Until Dark

Women of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong
#1 - Bitten

Inspector Morse series by Colin Dexter
#1 - Last Bus to Woodstock

Detective Murdock series by Maureen Jennings
#1 - Except the Dying

Kate Carpenter series by Deborah Nicholson
#1 - House Report

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter by Laurell K. Hamilton
#1 - Guilty Pleasures

The Spiderwick Chronicles by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black
#1 - The Field Guide

Thursday Next Series by Jasper Fforde
#1 - The Eyre Affair

Alex Cooper series by Linda Fairstein
#1 - Final Jeapordy

Mapp & Lucia books by E.F. Benson
#1 - Queen Lucia

Hannibal Lecter by Thomas Harris
#1 - Red Dragon

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
#1 - Inkheart

The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud
#1 - The Amulet of Samarkand

Comments

  1. Hooray! I'm so glad you're joining us! I love your list. Now I have many more to look up and add to my own. :)

    I know that I will be reading some off my possibility list before January, but that's okay. There are many to be had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicola, I see that you didn't link your blog post for the First in a Series Challenge. Would you like me to do that for you? If not, come back and link up! :)

    By the way, I totally forgot about the Kay Scarpetta series. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what I love about these challenges and the links that Joy provides...we get to meet some great fellow bloggers and learn about more books!!! What can be better than that! You have several here that I am going to add to my TBR pile! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello. BTW...I started reading one of my 1st in a series books last night (is that cheating???) ;0

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm going to read The Bone Collector and Inkheart for this challenge. i really enjoy the Alex Cooper and Kay Scarpetta series; i hope you will too. i've read some of the Brother Cadfael series as well; i guess that's one i need to get caught up on!

    happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts