#49. The Secret Seven

The Secret Seven by Enid Blyton
First in The Secret Seven series


Pages: 100
Finished: Aug. 2, 2007
Reason for Reading: read-aloud to my 7yo
First Published: 1949
Rating: 3/5

First Sentence:

"We'd better have a meeting of the Secret Seven," said Peter to Janet.


Recommend: Yes. The Secret Seven discover someone is being held prisoner in an old empty house and decide to take matters into their own hands to find out both who and why. I loved these books when I was kid, as well as the Famous Five. Not having ever re-read them since I was little, I wasn't sure how well this would go over with my 7yo or whether I would still enjoy it. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was very readable. The mystery was predictable to me from the start but ds was along for the ride till the end. He enjoyed it very much getting more and more excited as the mystery unfolded and the daring-do of the children became bolder and bolder. I asked if he'd like to hear another of their adventures and he answered "Yes!".

Comments

Popular Posts