Library Day

Bookstack

It is an incredibly overcast day today so my photo is really lousy, but if I wait for a nicer day I probably won't get around to taking the photo!

Today was library day and I decided to go 'sans' list. I usually have my big tbr notebook with me and make my choices from that but I was feeling like there is no spontaneity to my reading these days so I left the list at home and roamed the library at will. I also made a conscience choice to not take out too many books since my bedside table has about 28 books (that I own) on it waiting to be read.

From the bottom up we have:

Batman - Under the Hood - I am a superhero geek and love Batman.

Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter - Now that I'm caught up with Kathy Reichs, I need to find something to fill it's spot in my reading regime and am going to try this one.

XXXHolic vol. 1 & 2 - my library has an incredibly lousy selection of manga so I take what they have, I've read good things about this one though.

Horns and Wrinkles by Joseph Helgerson - this was a totally blind pick, I've never heard of the author or this book. I was struck by the cover art first then fascinated by the story blurb, a fantasy that takes place along the banks of the Mississippi. I love Southern novels, now throw in fantasy, I couldn't resist.

A Gift of Magic by Lois Duncan - a new favourite author for me, I'm trying to pick up one of her books every time I go to the library.

A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park - a Newbery winner for the Newbery Project

Kensuke's Kingdom by Michael Morpurgo - I stumbled across this author by accident once when I was browsing around amazon.uk and have wanted to read him ever since.

Here's hoping I have some good reading ahead of me!
And in case I don't post again this weekend

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Comments

  1. I am such a book voyeur, I love seeing what other people checkout from the library to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea for a post. I never visit the library "sans list" - maybe I should try it sometime. *gulp*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love library days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to do that one of these days...forget all my challenges and required readings and just go to the library and freely pick some books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read A Single Shard and from what I remember, really enjoyed it. (It made the move with me, so I must have liked it). The only manga I've read were part of the GTO series and only because I've seen the actual TV show so I'm curious to know what this series is about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been dying to read Horns and Wrinkles! Three trips to the bookstore, each time carrying it around before finally putting it back, not being able to justify spending the money. Finally decided I just HAD to have it, went to the bookstore specifically to buy it, and wouldn't you know...it was sold out! Such is life sometimes, I guess. Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts