46. Shoot the Moon

Shoot the Moon by Billie Letts


Pages: 333
Finished: Feb. 28, 2008
Reason for Reading: I read favourable reviews of this and added it to my tbr list.
First Published: 2004
Genre: fiction
Rating: 3.5/5

First Sentence:

Back when it happened, back in 1972, there wasn't an adult in the county who didn't know every detail of the crime.


Comments: Mark Albright's parents have died and he has just discovered that he was adopted almost 30 years ago. He sets off to Oklahoma to meet the mother who gave him up only to discover that he has walked into the town's deepest kept secret. Mark (or Nicky Jack as he was born) disappeared when he was 10 months old and his mother was found murdered. Nicky Jack decides to stay in town to find out more about his mother and who murdered her and kidnapped him. As he stays he finds that he is changing in ways that will change his life forever. This was a wonderful story. It is a quick, easy read and very charming. I loved the characters and wished the book just kept on going instead of ending. It has an intriguing plot line but is much more a story of characters. I really enjoyed this and will be looking for the author's first two books.

Comments

  1. I haven't read anything by Letts before. But I've heard good things. I'm glad you enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like other reviewers prefer her other two books over this one so I'm really looking forward to trying those now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave away a Letts book without reading it as it just didn't call to me. This one looks much more interesting. I'm glad I read your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this author before, but I do love a book that makes me sad to put it down at the end!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts