100. Tunnels of Blood

Tunnels of Blood by Darren Shan
The Saga of Darren Shan Book 3

Pages: 224
Finished: June 1, 2008
First Published: 2002
Genre: YA, horror
Rating: 4/5

Reason for Reading: Next in the series

First sentence:

The smell of blood is sickening.


Comments: Darren, Mr. Crepsley and Evra go to the city. Darren and Evra think they can have a vacation while Crepsley attends to business. The business turns deadly and Darren meets both a vampaneze and his first girlfriend. He also finds out about the Vampire Generals.

Third book in the series, and I'm still hooked. At this point they just keep getting better. I have to say, though, that I miss the freak show atmosphere when the characters journey further afield. I love Shan's take on the Vampire world and mythos. I'll keep this short as I don't want to give much away. This book just makes me want to run out and get book 4!

Comments

  1. I am glad you are still enjoying the series and hope you read all the way to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly plan on it! Vampire Mountain is sitting in my to read soon pile already!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts