176. Fables: Homelands


Homelands by Bill Willingham
Fables, book 6

Pages: 190
Ages: 18+
Finished: Oct. 3, 2009
First Published: 2005
Genre: graphic novel, fantasy
Rating: 5/5

First sentence:

(not included since it contains spoilers)

Reason for Reading: next in the series

Summary: This volume is a turning point in the series; many important events happen which will make the continuing story take a new turn.

Comments: This is probably the most exciting volume I've read to date. I just loved every part of it! We start off with a two issue story solely concerning Jack which is integral to his character's future. A very enjoyable story. Then we move onto the heart of this volume where for the first time the setting switches to the Homelands and we see what life is like there now. I won't go into details, but an incredible story takes place with many twists and turns and amazing reveals as we learn the truth of who the Adversary is and how and why they took over the homelands. (I made a wild guess a few books ago based on some loopy logic as to who the Adversary was and I WAS RIGHT! Thanks for not telling me I was right though, Rhinoa! The reveal is really well done and right up to the very last page turn I still didn't know if I was going to be right or not). This story line is 5 issues long but is broken up in the middle with a one issue story of what is going on back at Fabletown where many secrets are revealed and we also get to meet up with Mowgli for the first time and revisit his Jungle Book friends. I'm absolutely gleefully eager to get on to the next volume. Time to go place my ILL with the library!


PS - Don't forget to enter my contest for Houston, We Have a Problema by Gwendolyn Zepeda! Only 4 more days to go!

Follow me on Twitter!
Friend me on Facebook (just say you read my blog)

Comments

  1. Love these! So glad I finally decided to give in and read them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series! Now to wait for the new one to come out next year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ladytink - You are in for such a treat, if you've just started out.

    Kailana - are you going to read the novel that came out this year "Peter and Max"? I'm going to read it when I get to it in publication order. Just like I'm going to read the 1001 Somethings , the prequilish book, after Arabian Nights, since that was when it was published. I'm real iffy on what the novel is going to be like though. Would love to hear your review! {hint, hint}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts