Could Use a Little Prayer

Please say a little prayer for me. I am going in the morning for a cancer screening procedure, which we expect turn out OK. But I'm a class A worry wart, and my panic/anxiety disorder is already at work overtime and just getting to the hospital is going to be a feat in itself. If you feel so inclined, I sure could use some prayers for strength today and tomorrow morning. Thank you.

On my knees, before the great multitude of heavenly witnesses, I offer myself, soul and body to you, Eternal Spirit of God. You are the strength and light of my soul and I desire never to grieve you by unfaithfulness. Mercifully guard my every thought and grant that I may always watch for your light, and listen to your voice, and follow your gracious inspirations. I cling to you and give myself to you and ask you, by your compassion to watch over me in my weakness. Holding the pierced Feet of Jesus and looking at His Five Wounds, and trusting in His Precious Blood and adoring His opened Side and stricken Heart, I implore you Spirit, Helper of my infirmity, to keep me in your grace that I may never sin against you. Give me grace O Holy Spirit of the Father and the Son to say to you always and everywhere, "Speak Lord for your servant listens." Amen.

Comments

  1. Will definitely pray for you. * Hugs *

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have anxiety/panic disorder, too, so I know how you must be freaking out. But if it's expected to turn out fine, it will. I'm praying for you!

    --Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicola, first of all, I'm sending a big hug your way. I will absolutely keep you in my prayers. Take deep breaths and know that God holds you in His arms. Whatever comes, you can get through it. I know that. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying right now, Nicola.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts