149. Fallen by Karin Slaughter

Fallen by Karin Slaughter (Canada) - (US)
Special Agent Will Trent, #5

Pages: 387
Ages: 18+
Finished: July 1, 2011
First Published: Jun. 21, 2011
Publisher: Random House
Genre: thriller
Rating: 5/5


First sentence:


Faith Mitchell dumped the contents of her purse onto the passenger side of her Mini, trying to find something to eat.


Acquired: Received a review copy from Random House Canada.

Reason for Reading: Next in the series.

A refreshingly, page-turning, exiting thriller that this long time Slaughter fan has finally found worthy of five stars again.  Slaughter's last several books have been in the 3 or 4 star range for me, good but just not up to Blindsighted and Kisscut, those first two explosive books.  With Fallen, Slaughter is back in the seat with an exhilarating new thriller.  Faith, Will's partner, is a major character in this book as her mother is kidnapped and she sets off to track down the merciless person or persons who have done so, along the way she even becomes a suspect.  She realizes she can't go it alone and comes to Will for help and even former coroner, Sara Linton.  The case is fantastic and an exciting read.  Possibly the plot is a little over the top, but who cares!  Slaughter is in top form here.

I've said it before in my reviews that I've never liked Sara Linton, but Slaughter takes her character through some major development in this book, as she does Will Trent.  Giving them both a much needed update in their current situations and taking them forward in a direction that I amazingly am very satisfied with.  An all around top-notch thriller with great character development for the series as a whole.

Comments

  1. I loved this one too and I'm so glad to see the direction that she is taking Will and Sara. Although I did see an interview with the author recently in which she states that she never leaves her characters in a settled life. I suspect that Angie Trent will make an unwelcome appearance and throw a big hissy fit, don't you?

    The next book goes back in time and is about Amanda, I think. Looking forward to that one and seeing if Karin Slaughter can redeem her character too or at least make her more likeable to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I'm sure we haven't seen the end of Angie yet. I think she may come back as an evil stalker or something. That's cool about going back into Amanda's past for the next one! She's a hard character and it'll be interesting to find out what made her that way. Can't say I like her much either, but I understand her type.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts