The Son by Jo Nesbø


The Son
by Jo Nesbø

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I've (almost) read every Jo Nesbo book that has been translated into English {1 adult and 1 kid's book to go} and at this point I expect an intense thriller with a flawed, troubled main character. The Son met my expectations and did not disappoint on any level. This is Nesbo's second stand-alone book, not part of the Harry Hole series, and it was refreshing to step back from that character and enter into a whole new plot. Nesbo still manages, in just one book to portray a multi-faceted detective with personal demons that both hinder and drive his professional life. I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning just turning the pages. This is something I've come to expect with Nesbo's thrillers and I'm pleased to say he did it again. The book is populated with characters that I couldn't ever really like but Nesbo still had me feeling sympathetic towards them. If you've never read this author before "The Son" would be a great one to start with as it will give you a feel for what you can expect from his other books.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts