2015 Challenges

I would have to go into the html code to fix the white highlighting and I can't be bothered to update this page anymore.  Trying to simplify life in little ways :-)


FINISHED
8th Annual Canadian Book Challenge
ends June 30, 2015
read 13 books by, about or set in Canada/Canadians




**********************************************************************************






FINISHED
2015 8th Graphic Novel & Manga Reading Challenge

runs from Jan.1 - Dec. 31, 2015


Silver Age: read and review 52 books during the year (Are you up to a book a week!)




***********************************************


FINISHED
2015 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge

runs from Jan.1 - Dec. 31, 2015


Bronze - 10 Books



***************************************************************************


2015 Read Your Freebies Reading Challenge

runs from Jan.1 - Dec. 31, 2015


Levels

Coupon Clipper: read 12 ebooks
Penny Pincher: read 24 ebooks
Buying in Bulk: read 36 ebooks
Super Saver: read 50 ebooks
Extreme Couponer: read 100+ ebooks


Sign Up



Jan: 2/12
Feb: 4/12
Mar: 5/12
Apr: 


******************************************************************************************


The Official 2015 TBR Pile Challenge

runs from Jan.1 - Dec. 31, 2015

12 specific books from a list


Sign Up


Jan: 1/12

Feb: 2/12
Mar: 3/12
Apr: 


*************************************************************************************



2015 TBR Pile Reading Challenge

runs from Jan.1 - Dec. 31, 2015


Levels

1-10 A Firm Handshake
11-20 A Friendly Hug
21-30 First Kiss
31-40 Sweet Summer Fling
41-50 Could This Be Love?
50+ Married with Children


Sign Up


Jan: 1/30

Feb: 3/30
Mar: 7/30
Apr: 



********************************************************************



2015 Cloak & Dagger Mystery Reading Challenge
runs from Jan.1 - Dec. 31, 2015

Levels

5 books= Inspector Lestrade
10 books = Amelia Peabody
15 books = Flavia de Luce
20 books = Inspector Ian Rutledge
25 books = Detective Simon Ziele
30 books= Miss Marple
35 books= Hercule Poirot
40+ books= Sherlock Holmes


Sign Up



Jan: 0/10
Feb: 1/10
Mar: 6/10
Apr: 


************************************************************************


FINISHED
2015 Historical Fiction Reading Challenge 
runs from Jan.1 - Dec. 31, 2015

Level
Renaissance Reader - 10 books








******************************************************************************

I'm currently involved in these perpetual challenges or projects


Chronological Stephen King - I started this project in 2007, hit a snag for a few years, then since 2011 have started each year off with a Stephen King book.  Other than that this is a long-term project with no goals or objectives other than an "I hope to maybe accomplish "such 'n such" this year. 


2014 was an excellent year for me.  I accomplished everything I set out in my should-be-able-to list.  Evrything was short so I added 5 more to the list and really none of them were true horror except Creepshow but then that's just a comicbook.  


So I'm excited to start 2015 off with a classic horror chunkster "Christine".  The next few books are all good old horror too and I'm just going to try to get to "Pet Cemetary" next as it's a shorter easy read and if I get that one done I should have no problem adding in the novella "Cycle of the Werewolf".  Not going to trya and hit for it but if I did have a great year the next book up or the starter for next year would be his first collaboration with another author, his long time friend, Peter Straub: "The Talsiman".


1. Carrie

2. 'Salem's Lot
3. Rage
4. The Shining
5. Night Shift
6. The Stand
7. The Long Walk
8. The Dead Zone
9. Firestarter
10. Roadwork
11. Danse Macabre
12. Cujo
13. The Mist
14. The Running Man
15. Creepshow (had a very hard time finding a copy to read!)
16. Different Seasons
17. Christine
18. Cycle of the Werewolf

*********************

Newbery Challenge (ongoing) - I intend on continuing this never-ending quest to read all the Newbery winners. For the last several years I have been very lame and only read the new winner each year.  Last two years (2013/14) I didn't even manage that ;-P . In 2014 I did make some good progess on reading some older Newbery's and have also started adding the Honors I read to the list as well.  Goal this year is to read the 2013/14/15 winners at least!

******************************************

Geographical Project - see progress here


In 2014 I'm continuing on my second tour of the Canadian Provinces & Territories.  I've got most provinces done now except some of the Maritimes and the Territories.  It took me 6 years to complete the tour last time.  Hopefully I can get most of the way across the country this year.


I had 7 States left at the beginning of last year and only managed to whittle that down by 3.  So I start 2015 with these 4 States:

Delaware
Idaho
Montana
Nevada


I'm actively keeping an eye out for unique countries, I did great in previous years but only added two new countries this!  I will really have to look hard at books' settings to make progress.  It's getting hard to think outside the box now though, so I'm open to any books taking place in obscure parts of the world.  Check to see where I've already been.


************************************************
A Century of Books - see progress here

My personal imposed rules

0. Start date = Jan. 1, 2015
1. End date = No time limit. Expecting 2-3 years.

2. Any book with or viable for an ISBN counts (ie. yes to picture books & graphic novels, no to comic books & individual short stories)


Comments

Popular Posts