Everything I Need To Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow

Everything I Need To Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 96 pages
Published September 24th 2013 by Golden Books

Little Golden Books
Everything I Need To Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book (1)

I've read and own the other books in this series and, of course, loved this first one that started it all. An inspirational pick-me-up on how to live and enjoy your life to the fullest using illustrations and values from the early 1940s-1960s Little Golden Books. This is not a children's book; it contains original text written for adults though this one, unlike the others, would be fitting for children also. This is a cheery little ditty with a positive, uplifting message, but it is the illustrations that will delight the LGB fans for the nostalgia effect. All the famous illustrators are here: Tibor Gergely, Garth Williams, Feodor Rojankovsky, Richard Scarry, Eloise Wilkin, and many more. A wonderful book for an inspirational pick-me-up or for Little Golden Book fans and collectors. Since I've read the others and can compare this to them I will say I liked Love and Christmas the most, maybe because they had a theme.

I would buy more if the series were to continue but I will be passing on the next one (July, 2015) because it is Disney-themed and my like of Disney only stretches to 1977 when the involvement of the Disney family ended. The summary of the Disney book lists mostly modern movies so I'll wait and see if there is another book.




Comments

Popular Posts