Armada by Ernest Cline


Armada by Ernest Cline
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 368 pages
Published July 14th 2015 by Crown Publishing

I haven't read "Ready Player One" so can't compare the two. I'm really into the science fiction scene, more from the classics and 80s than now so was keen to read this but like a lot of other readers I just kept thinking that the plot had been done before. It's not an accident, though, and is intentional by the author as we're supposed to feel like we've been here befoe. Personally I kept comparing the plot to Ender's Game (which is referenced in the book) but not as good. The author uses this theme to bring about his twist about 2/3s into the book and at that point is when I became engaged and started turning the pages faster. However, the plot once again became predictable. I enjoyed the story; the characters were fun; I didn't dislike it, but I got kind of bored for sections and it just didn't wow me. An ok book perhaps best suited as a plane or commuter read.




Comments

Popular Posts