I Know Sasquatch by Jess Bradley

I Know Sasquatch by Jess Bradley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 34 pages
Published August 1st 2015 by Picture Window Books/Capstone Publishing
Source: Netgalley


This is wonderful! An easy reader picture book with the cutest pictures ever and a sense of humour that reminds me a bit of Mo Willems Pigeon series. It is adorable how the author has drawn her cartoon illustrations on photographic backgrounds which are printed on elementary lined notebook paper, realizing the little girl narrator's presentation of writing a story book for us, the reader. She has heard of a scary "Bigfoot" monster but when out in the woods one day actually meets him and learns all about him. She tells us of his likes and dislikes, his real name is Sasquatch (he has his ID to prove it) and introduces her to his whole family even 2nd cousin Murray who most of the newspaper reports are actually about not him. Sasquatch is an adorable, average height, blue furry creature friends with Ogopogo, Mothman and Jackalope. I know both my sons would have loved this when they were little and I'd love to share it with a little person now because I adore it as a grown-up person myself. The author has illustrated other works, but I'd love to see more from her as both author/illustrator. Delightful pure fun book!




Comments

Popular Posts