Winemaker Detective Mystery (7) Flambé in Armagnac by Jean-Pierre Alaux

Flambé in Armagnac by Jean-Pierre Alaux
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 140 pages
Published June 11th 2015 by Le French Book
first published in French 2004
Source: Netgalley


Winemaker Detective Mystery (7)

Benjamin and Virgile are back at it, but this time Benjamin has been asked to estimate the damage done at an estate which had a devastating fire in their cellars along with an accidental death. Being an expert in the field, this is the type of routine work Benjamin is often asked to do by insurance companies. This was a fine, engaging cozy just as I had anticipated it would be. Perhaps not as exciting or fun as the last two, but that happens with long series. I still thoroughly enjoyed this seventh entry with its banter between Benjamin and Virgile, the atmosphere of cigars and (this time) down home country French food. Virgile is ahead of his boss on the mystery this time, which was fun to read and several twists to the story kept me on my feet figuring this one out. I really enjoyed all the wine talk this time around especially as I'd never heard of Armagnac and am eager to give my tastebuds a swirl!




Comments

Popular Posts