Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter

Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 397 pages
Published September 29th 2015 by William Morrow
Source: egalley via edelweiss

I loved every second of this! I can't believe it's only been a year since I read Slaughter's last book which I really enjoyed for the writing but "Pretty Girls" brings back all the macabre serial killer goodness I love about this author's books. Another standalone, this book had me going from the beginning and really threw me for a loop in the middle. It is quite tense with some very unnerving parts and not, repeat not, to be read by the weak-stomached. I also liked the relationships portrayed in the book and especially enjoyed it being a sister story (since I'm a sister) This feels fresh to me like Slaughter has come out rejuvenated with something different yet more like her earlier works. This was a page-turner for me, a disconcerting thriller that kept me reading way into the wee hours of the night.



Comments

  1. Yes.......... this sounds exactly like what I need. Oh goodness, I may choose this for my first read of the year, hmmmmm, I had my mind on another.

    Was this one of your best reads of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Yes, this was def. one of my best fiction reads this year. I read so many books I don't do best of lists any more because I'd have to sort them into genre's to be fair BUT of the serial killer and or thriller books I read this year, a lot made 4 stars for me, this was a rare, five star.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts