It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #6


This meme is held over on Book Date's blog and here we talk about what we are Currently Reading, What we read/posted the last week and what we plan on reading next week. I won't be posting what's coming up; you can get an idea by looking in my sidebars.


What I am Currently Reading

Fiction:

This is the 2nd book in his new series and I am anxious to get cracking on this today.
 Far From True by Linwood Barclay


















Non-Fiction

Now that Lent is upon us I thought I'd turn to my favourite Catholic writer, Scott Hahn, for some theology.


















Manga/Graphic Novel

Classic sci-fi retold in graphic format.


















I always have a short story collection going as I read one short story every morning with my cup of coffee. I am putting that aside for Lent and will be reading one chapter from The Holy Bible for these 40 days.

Not a lot of posting done this week as a dear friend of ours passed away. It was a sad and busy week ending with a wonderful but emotionally exhausting funeral mass. He was the Deacon of our church so we had the Bishop presiding and I was humbled to be part of the CWL honour guard. A kind, jolly, teddy bear of a man who suffered excruciatingly, but a relatively short time with a horrible form of cancer.  Rest in Peace, Deacon Pat.

What I Finished Reading and/or Posted This Week



Graphic Novels/Manga

Comments

  1. Good idea to always have a short story collection to read from! I have one going right now, but I don't always. Here's what I'm reading this week: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2016/02/what-im-reading-february-15-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bunch of books you read! I must check out some of them but I hardly need any more books on my wish list or TBR. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts